Sunday, August 21, 2016

More Coconut Oil Please

Trader Joe's Coconut Oil
The use of coconut oil has been on the rise over the last few years, which makes perfect sense considering all of its wonderful qualities. It's aides in digestion, builds immunity, treats skin conditions and it's an oil with nutritional qualities. As if that's not enough to make you want to run out and buy some, coconut oil has so many amazing uses for new mommy and baby. It's natural, affordable and versatile. Here are just a few of the ways I use it regularly with my Little Bear.

1. Nipple Cream

Skip those expensive pharmacy products and go straight to the kitchen. Coconut oil does the job of helping ease the pain and assist in the healing process of dry and cracked nipples. It's naturally high in vitamin E and it is safe to ingest. Meaning, if your Little Bear gets a taste, you know he or she is just getting and early introduction to a super food as oppose to toxic or synthetic ingredients.

2. Diaper Cream

Forget the petroleum based products. Don't get me wrong, they can be great but are generally pretty pricey. And remember, baby powder is no longer recommended for use on babies (they should reconsider rebranding now, don't you think?). Go straight for the coconut oil. It smells divine, is gentle enough for allergenic babies, and keeps their little booty protected and baby soft. Plus it washes out well from cloth diapers. My Little Bear has never had a diaper rash and I certainly credit the coconut oil.  

3. Hair Oil

My Little Bear was born with a full head of curly hair. I hated the idea of introducing products to his baby head, but found that his curls needed a little love and support. After use of baby shampoo, I simply comb in a little oil and viola! It holds his curls very nicely. It also serves a double purposes by keeping his scalp hydrated preventing and/or treating cradle cap. As an additional side, it works just as effectively on eczema. I mean, it a natural product that just keeps on giving. 

My Little Bear's coconut oil styling. 
There are of course so many more uses, but these three have been my go to constistently since Little Bear's Birth. I personally buy my coconut oil from Trader Joes. It's a 16 fluid oz jar of organic oil for just over $5.00. It's a great steal and it allows me to support a business I truly love. 

We would love to hear your uses for coconut oil as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment