Tuesday, July 18, 2017

I'm not Superwoman, Pass Me Any Dose of Energy Please.

I have mentioned this before in other entries, but our Baby Bear was the result of fertility treatments. There were a lot of rules our doctor recommended, one of which was quitting caffeine. When you are paying thousands of dollars to get pregnant, its a big motivator to follow any rules that can increase your chances of a successful pregnancy. Quitting alcohol, no brainer. Reducing soy, no biggy. No raw lunch meat, not an issue for this vegetarian. Quitting caffeine, um...... say what? GULP.

Okay, so the first weekssssssssssssssss were hard. I swear I had cravings and withdraws for nearly a month. The beauty of the timing was that I was also very morning sick, so I couldn't caffeinate even if I wanted to. At that time if it wasn't a berry or ginger ale, I didn't want to eat it anyway.

Through my pregnancy, once I climbed out of those horrible withdraws, I found that being caffeine free actually increased my energy level. I was less anxious, didn't crash mid day, and in general got more energy from food then before. Post baby, I nursed so the motivation to stay caffeine free continued. I craved certain sodas or drinks on occasion but was able to resist the urge. I plan on having another baby and hate the idea of going through withdraws again....

But as we all know, being a Mom is exhausting. No sleeping through the night, unpredictable hours, minimal down or self time, still a household, career and social life to attempt to maintain.... There is only so much a person can literally do. This is where the temptation to drink caffeine again certainly comes in.

I'm not superwoman, pass me any dose of energy please. 


These bad boys are AAAAAAAAMAZING!



The Solaray, Two-Stage, Time-Release Mega B-Stress vitamins are this Mom-ease secret weapon. The go for about $15.00 on Amazon but here is the secret, its the "two-stage, time-release" that makes these amazing.  There may be other brands that offer this, but these vegetarian capsules were in my budget. I take three at lunch and within ten minutes I have new energy that lasts me until bedtime. The energy is wonderful because it does not come with anxiety like caffeine and feels more like a second wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment